Tuesday 11 September 2012

Putting my faith in Hydraluron

I was having a wander round Boots the other day (as you do) and stumbled across the newest offering from Indeed Labs - "Hydraluron Moisture Booster".

I'd heard of Indeed Labs before, from the buzz surrounding their Nanoblur product.  Although I haven't tried Nanoblur, it did cause the kind of stir in the skincare world that is reminiscent of genuinely effective products.

My skin is extremely dry; it drinks anything I put on it, including moisturiser, foundation etc.  I have tried drinking more water, but I'll be honest, I'm rubbish at keeping to it.

This product has been hailed as "a drink for the skin".  Containing the purest form of hyaluronic acid, it is meant to create a "water reservoir" under your skin.  You are meant to apply it under your normal moisturiser, and it is a product that should actually improve your skin over time.

Sounds good. 

I tried a bit on the back of my hand and, I can't deny it, my hand felt SO smooth.  So it ignited a bit of excitement in me...always dangerous.

At £24.99 though, it's wayy outside my comfort zone with what I spend on skin care.  My moisturiser and eye makeup remover are both under a fiver, mainly because I go through them so quickly.  So this is quite a leap in price for me.  But I did my usual and looked it up on some blogs and it seems to be getting glowing reviews; I didn't manage to find one negative or even mediocre review.

So, I'm breaking my "no-purchase" rule for September and am going to use my hard-saved Boots Advantage card points to buy this.  I can't help being a bit dubious, but also stupidly excited.  I'm purchasing on my lunch break (eek!) so a review will follow in a few days, and hopefully it will be glowing...

No comments:

Post a Comment