Friday 7 September 2012

Favourite blogs

I love a good blog, especially now when it is so obvious that magazines and the media endorse products for their own benefit.  It means you can't trust them for a genuine review anymore.

The magic of the blog is that it allows you to read the reviews of so many 'normal people' out there.  You can find people with similar skin types, or body shapes, or hair colours and 'borrow' tips and ideas from them. 

I'm not naturally good at putting clothes together to make outfits, so I often get ideas from blogs.  I know it's isn't particularly original, but I don't have natural style so am more than happy to let originality go by the wayside!

The two main sites I use for outfit inspiration is www.pinterest.com and www.lookbook.nu - I particularly like lookbook.nu as it gives you the link to people's blogs, so if you find someone whose style you particularly like, you can then follow their blog.

My two favourite blogs at the moment were both found on lookbook.

The first is http://www.charlottemmartin.blogspot.co.uk/ - a white-blonde-haired fashionista from Newcastle.  She has such a knack of putting clothes together, and a lot of her fashion is from the high street, which just shows you don't have to spend loads to look good. 





My second favourite blog at the moment is http://madamederosa.com - I don't use this one as fashion inspiration quite as much, because her look is so unattainable for me!  I absolutely love the way she styles herself, but I have no hope of ever recreating it.  She rocks an awesome dip-dye in her hair, and she has such a funky boho style.  Plus she currently has 76 pages of style you can lust through.








No comments:

Post a Comment