Tuesday 18 September 2012

H&M A/W drop

I arrived home from work yesterday to be greeted by H&M's catalogue detailing their Autumn/Winter offerings.  Muchos excitement.

I'm a bit of an H&M addict.  A combination of good pricing, small sizing and a decent sized store in my home town are all contributory factors to my H&M love affair.

A couple of items caught my eye in the catalogue....

I haven't seen this jumper in store yet, so cannot vouch for the quality and fit etc. But it is a NICE looking classic jumper.  The deep neckline is reminiscent of a Zara jumper that I coveted for most of the Spring/Summer.  The colour looks like a nice fresh cream as well, which is always a welcome addition to my drab winter wardrobe.  At £19.99 it's the upper end of what I would spend on H&M, but it looks like the makings of a classic "wear-every-year" jumper.  Now here's a dilemma...do I wait for it to come in store so I can check quality and fit?  Or do I order online now whilst they have my size (and in case it doesn't come instore).  I'm undecided...

LOVE this.  To start with, it is in this season's dark berry shade (tick), it comes with a belt to define the waist (tick) and it looks so warm (double tick).  But it starts at a size 8 so I doubt I'll purchase it.  My shoulders are where I am my tiniest, which means jackets that are slightly too big just look stupid on me.  Especially when I know how good this could look if it fitted well.  It's such a versatile piece though, it would go with boots, pumps and heels.  You could literally wear it with jeans, dresses, skirts or shorts.  It could easily be dressed up to look polished and classy, or dressed down to look stylish but warm.  It would look cute with a black hat as well, and so nice with a pair of black leather gloves.  A perfect way to get this season's colouring into your wardrobe as well.  Oh H&M why must you tease me!

No comments:

Post a Comment