Tuesday 23 April 2013

Una Brennan Review - UPDATE

UPDATE on my Una Brennan Review
So, 19 days after posting my glowing review above, I felt the need to give a little update as I have now stopped using the creamy cleanser.
I said in my review above that the creamy cleanser did sting a little when I used it.  I started to notice that I was getting dry, itchy patches around my nose and some on my cheek in exactly the same places that I felt the stinging.  So I decided to drop using the creamy cleanser, especially seeing as it was the facial oil that most impressed me anyway.
I've carried on using the facial oil as I still love it, and the dry patches have quickly cleared up.  I'm a bit concerned as the facial oil is only meant to be a pre-cleanser, but having said that, it gets rid of all my make-up on its own.  I have sometimes been sweeping some of my Simple gentle cleansing milk over my face after using the oil, but most nights I just use the oil and then my normal moisturiser. 
I haven't noticed this makes my skin unnecessarily oily, and I do still think the facial oil is working wonders on my skin tone, texture and especially my pores.
I'm now about to purchase my second batch of the oil... but unfortunately the creamy cleanser hasn't made it to a second purchase :(

No comments:

Post a Comment