Friday 5 April 2013

Tresemme Platinum Strength Conditioner

Anyone who bleaches the bejesus out of their hair knows that a major concern is to put moisture back into your hair at any opportunity possible.

I’m not the biggest fan of moisturising shampoos as I find there is a trade off between moisture and that fresh, clean feeling of newly washed hair.  The only moisturising shampoo I have ever found to deliver a genuinely clean feeling is Wella Colour Brilliance Shampoo, which I absolutely swear by.  I love the stuff.

Wella Colour Brilliance shampoo - my 'recommended' moisturising shampoo!

 So, given that moisturising shampoos often fail me, I need a conditioner that really packs a punch in the moisture department.

Again, I think some conditioners designed to heavily moisturise your hair end up just coating the hair and leaving it dull and heavy.  I want my hair moisturised, but light – not an easy combination to find in hair products.

Recently I tried out Tresemme’s new Platinum Strength conditioner.  I bought it because it was on offer, it smelt nice, and my Herbal Essences Colour Vitality conditioner just wasn’t quite hitting the mark.


Tresemme Platinum Strength Conditioner


The entire Platinum Strength range is designed for hair that has been abused by bleach or heat-styling products, and is supposed to strengthen and fortify the hair follicle (apparently).  It says it is able to reverse over 2 years damage in just 5 washes (quite a claim!!)  But my hair is definitely bleached, over-styled and damaged so as far as their target audience is concerned, I'm it.

The instructions recommend you leave this on for 3-5 minutes, which I did the first time I used it and I loved the way it left my hair.  Having said that, I’ve been in a rush a couple of times and only left it on for a minute maximum, and it still seems to deliver results.  I think this shows its quality..as most conditioners will deliver good results if left on the hair long enough.

The conditioner itself is thick and white and has a really pleasant, fresh smell (similar to most of their other products, it is a fresh, salon-style ‘just washed’ scent).  It isn’t heavily perfumed like Aussie or Tigi Bedhead products, but if you like the fresh kind of scent you get from other Tresemme products, or shampoos like Pantene, then you’ll be fine with this. 

You can feel the softness in your hair as soon as you rinse this off, and I found my hair considerably easier to brush after using it.  It definitely tangled less.  One thing I will say – it makes the bottom of your shower really slippery when you wash it out so watch out for that! 

But a slippery shower is definitely worth it for the results.   It left my hair soft and manageable, but not weighed down or greasy/heavy.  I wouldn’t say it is the softest my hair has ever been, for example it doesn’t quite match the results of Charles Worthington’s Mineral Hair Rescue mask, but then it isn’t a mask...it’s a conditioner.  And it left my hair feeling clean which is a big plus point for me.

I'm nearly through a bottle of this, and I am definitely going to repurchase.  I agree with their claims that it strengthens the hair strands, as my hair feels a lot less delicate after using it.  It also feels fuller and softer.  Having said that, I don't necessarily feel it has "reversed two years of damage", but then I don't really see how a conditioner can address my split ends!  My hair definitely looks in better condition, but I wouldn't say it took 5 washes, I think the results were pretty immediate after the first couple of uses.

 At less than a fiver, I’d say this is an absolute steal if you need to pamper your hair with some heavy duty moisturisation.

No comments:

Post a Comment