Sunday 28 April 2013

Herbal Essences Bee Strong Strengthening Intensive Mask - Review

Look what I found in Tesco! 

I'm quite a fan of the Herbal Essences range, mainly because it is affordable and it smells A-mazing.

Their new range is designed to strengthen dry and damaged hair, and my hair is definitely both of those.  It was on offer for £2, so I figured it was worth a shot.  And typically of Herbal Essences, it smelt SO good.

 

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. The cream is thick and gloopy - it applies easily to the hair and (crucially) stays on the hair. I've used conditioners in the past which seem to absorb to nothing when you leave them on the hair for 2-3 minutes. 
 
 

When I rinsed the product out, I could immediately feel my hair was softer.  I always think this is a sign of a good conditioning product, if you can feel the difference when the hair is wet.  I'm probably totally wrong, and this means something bad like it has coated the hair, but I've always enjoyed that feeling of rinsing my hair and feeling it all soft.


Styling-wise, I'd say my hair was easier to comb when it was wet.  It wasn't a significant "wow the brush is gliding through my hair", it was more of a gentle improvement.  My hair felt a little less vulnerable to the brushing and I definitely had less tangles.


The results after I'd dried my hair were similar in that my hair felt soft and nourished, but not in a mind-blowing way.  There was a definite improvement in my hair though, and one of my favourite things about this mask was that it didn't weigh my hair down or make it greasy.  For this reason I would definitely purchase this product again.  I think it smells amazing - sort of honey-scented (obviously) but with fruity undertones that keep the fragrance fresh.  I also think it does a good job for the price tag, which I think is its key strength.  It wouldn't stop me buying more expensive versions when my hair needs a bit more pampering, but for weekly general use I think it is perfect.  It is also the best of the Herbal Essences masks I have tried. 

No comments:

Post a Comment