Tuesday 2 July 2013

Models Own - Blueberry Muffin

I've been a bit seduced lately by the pastel nail colours in the Models Own nailvarnish range.  Every time I walk into Boots they are just there, looking all summery and pastely, and they look so pretty.  Recently Boots ran a "buy one get one half price" deal on all their cosmetics, and I just couldn't fight it any more so....meet the Models Own nail varnish in Blueberry Muffin...


The unique selling point about this nail varnish is meant to be that it is scented, and you can get an idea of the fragrance via a nifty little scratch and sniff sticker on the lid.  The scent is a bit take-it-or-leave-it in my opinion.  It smells like a really sweet scented nail varnish smell but once you've painted it on, you don't really notice it.  It's a cute little gimmick but I wouldn't buy it just for that reason.


I would definitely say that the selling point of this nailvarnish ihough is the strong pastel colour, bearing in mind the product only retails at a fiver.  I'd say that with pastel nailvarnishes, the coverage is key, and this product covered equally as well as my more expensive Essie nailvarnishes, yet awas lmost half the price.

You definitely need two coats..this is the coverage after one....


Annd.... after two.


I still have the same issue with Models Own nail varnishes in that the brush is very thin and therefore it isn't the easiest product to apply.  It certainly doesn't glide as easy as other nail varnishes do, and I definitely think they would benefit from beefing the brush up a bit width-wise.  But coverage-wise, this is perfect. You get a really dense block of pastel colour from just two coats.

The colour I bought was a really pale pastel blue.  It looks a bit turquoise in the photos, but in real life it looked very similar to the colour of blue tack.  Which I'm not sure if this put me off a bit.  Was I the only one who used to put blue tack on my fingernails at school when I was bored, and pretend it was nailvarnish!?  Maybe. (Stop sharing now.)  But that is what this reminds me off.

Either way, if you are looking for cheap pastel shades for the summer, I'd definitely point you in the direction of the Models Own counter.  They offer a baby pink, a mint green and a pastel coral, all of which will look amazing with a summer wardrobe.  Grab them whilst the Boots offer is on, and you'll get two really good nailvarnishes for £7.50...bargain I'd say! 

No comments:

Post a Comment