Thursday 21 November 2013

No.7 Gel-Look Shine in Deep Wine

It fills me with the greatest of joy to see that No.7 have brought back their Gel-Look Shine nail colours again!  I only discovered these were limited edition recently, when I casually went in to Boots to buy another one of their shades.  I was distressingly advised by the lady on the No.7 counter that they were limited edition, and they no longer did them!!  SUCH disappointment on my part.

But they're back!!  I went into Boots yesterday and there they were, chilling on a promo stand.  Such joy.

From what I can tell, No.7 have pretty much re-launched the exact same colour range as before.  My lovely Neptune colour was there, as was the barbie pink and the pale pink and the random turquoise-green type colour.  I thought they might "winter" the range up a bit but apparently not.  But they did have this gorgeous deep wine colour called...erm..."deep wine" and I just had to purchase it.



And I'll be honest, I am a little in love with this colour.  For some reason I'm just not feeling my reallllyyy mega dark colours yet (e.g. OPI Lincoln Park After Dark) and have been hankering after a happy medium between bright reds and dark, dark burgundies that look black.  And voila! Here it is! In that deep-rich-shiny-pigmented nail varnish that No.7's gel range does so well.

This applies like a dream.  You have to kind of trust the brush a bit.  Press down, let it fan out to fill your nail, and swipe.  Job done.  It does say you can get away with one coa, but naa I don't agree.  This is a 2-coater and if you don't two-coat then you're not getting its full gorgeousness.  It also dries really quickly for such a thick nail varnish, which is a bonus.



 The colour is a rich purple-blackberry-juice type burgundy...more purple based than red....and it is a really flattering shade against my pale little winter-skinned hands.  It goes on quite dark but still with a nice amount of colour, especially when in natural light, when it looks a lot ligher and redder. It certainly doesn't look like it is verging on black, like a lot of dark burgundy/purple shades tend to do.  It is such a luxurious colour and just screams Christmas parties or wrapped around a mug of mulled wine.  It's got me quite excited. 


In natural light (sorry about the rubbish quality, I was walking at the time!)
In artificial light



















But get in there NOW before No.7 decide to do something silly and discontinue them again (I like to think their reappearance had something to do with my distressed reaction at their discontinuation).  It dries to a really good shine and has such good depth of colour - I think it looks a lot more expensive than it actually is.  I'm definitely buying a second bottle...damnit maybe even a third.

No comments:

Post a Comment