Wednesday 3 October 2012

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation - A Surprise Find!

I have recently been contemplating embarking on a mission to find an alternative foundation to my beloved Diorskin Nude foundation.

As much as I love the Dior foundation, I have to admit it is far too expensive for daily wear (£29.50).  But the problem is it has spoilt me. Whenever I use cheaper alternatives for 'day-to-day' wear, I end up slipping back into using the Diorskin everyday because the alternatives just do not hit the spot.

So yesterday (after an expensive month what with holidays to Devon etc) I decided to re-ignite my search for a thrifty alternative foundation.

And what timing!  I went into Boots and it appears several lines have released new foundations.  Maxfactor have released their Facefinity All-Day 3-in-1, Bourjois their Perfect 123 and Maybelline their Fit Me foundation.



I tried several on my face.  The Maxfactor offering seemed to be no different to my previous experiences of their foundations.  They appear to have potential, their marketing blurb hits the spot, but their foundations are just too thick, dry and cakey and yet fail to cover my blemishes.  They all seem to have a very similar texture and colour base, so if you've found Maxfactor works for you in the past, I imagine you may quite like this one.  It is meant to be primer, concealer and foundation in one.  To me, it felt no different to their Colour Adapt foundation.

 



The Bourjois one I was tempted by, as I am quite a fan of their Healthy Mix foundation.  But I have a lot of
faith in a make-up blogger I follow called Fleur de Force.  She reviewed the foundation and gave it quite a lukewarm reception.  A lot of what she said sounded very honest and did ring true with my previous experience of Bourjois.



So I tried the Maybelline one.  My previous experience with Maybelline has been that their foundations are very drying, apart from their Dream Creamy foundation which is the other extreme!
Normally I don't put much stock by "colour match" foundations.  Mainly because I don't struggle to find colours to match my skin tone, I have more trouble finding foundations that match my skin type.  But it was in a pretty glass bottle, and at £7.99 it was within reasonable budget so I purchased.  And so far, I'm very impressed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment