Thursday 4 October 2012

Little flit into H&M

I just found the most amazing pencil skirt in H&M.  Grey tweed (yum), perfect length, fitted well and only £14.99.  It was quite a stretchy fabric and I was a bit concerned it might not 'wear' well - i.e. it might get baggy over time.  But then I walked out of the changing rooms and..."why is it in the maternity section!?" Oh wonderful.  It's a maternity skirt. 

Immediate dilemma.  Do I purchase a maternity skirt?!  I didn't.  I'm convinced that although it fitted fine now, it would probably stretch really easy and quickly get baggy.  In fairness though, I can't see how you could fit a bump into it, but I guess it would stretch to requirement.


On an aside though, I'd totally recommend H&M for any petite people who need serious office clothes.  You have to be patient - a lot of their stuff they don't bring out in a size 6 so it's a bit pick 'n' mix as to what you can get.  But I have pencil skirts in black, grey and taupe which I live and die in at work - all size 6, all £14.99.  I've had them about 4 years and they still look fine.

They also do quite a good line in suit jackets.  Not the most brilliant of materials, but when you are a size 6, getting office clothes can be an absolute nightmare.  So for good value and decent fit, I'd definitely point you in H&M's direction...

You may also have noticed from my 'H&M A/W drop' post that I was lusting after a v-neck jumper from their catalogue.  It popped up in my local store today, already sold out in every size under a Large.  They only had an XS in the grey.  So I grabbed it.  I'm not sure though.....at £19.90 it is pretty expensive for H&M knitwear and it already has a somewhat 'out-of-shape' look about it which makes me think it won't wash well.  I'm also not sure whether it looks cool-baggy or stupid-baggy.  I'm undecided.  I'm going to fit it on at home, parade around in it a bit, ask my sisters for advice....




No comments:

Post a Comment