Thursday 3 October 2013

Holiday favourites


So, as I said, I recently jetted off to the Greek island of Zakynthos for a blissful week of sunning myself, eating far too much and generally enjoying not being at work. I was always intending on doing a bit of a mammoth Prickly Heat post in relation to my holiday, but then whilst doing some of the photos I also thought, screw it, why not chuck in some of my holiday favs.

Seeing as the weather has distinctly deteriorated since my return this is potentially not my most useful post ever, but damnit I've been on holiday, so a holiday post I shall do...

So, these were my little holiday wonder products this year....what a motley crew.

Back row from left - Victorias Secrets Coconut Passion body spray; Garnier Ambre Solaire Advanced Sensitive Aftersun; Tresemme Platinum Strength Leave-In Conditioner; Revlon Equave Instant Detangling spray; Magicool Plus Prickly Heat.
Front row from left - Ultrasun Medium SPF20 sun cream; Superdrug nailpolish remover pads; Bioderma Sensibio micellar water.
The Ultrasun sun cream, Magicool Plus Prickly Heat spray and Ambre Solaire Sensitive After Sun are all reviewed in my prickly heat post here.

Victoria's Secrets Coconut Passion body spray


My little sister got me into this.  She came back from a jaunt to Westfield Shopping Centre with it...gave me a whiff, and I was instantly hooked.  It smells SO. NICE.  This one is their vanilla and coconut scent and it is so sweet and coconutty - it was perfect for holiday.  The bottle is really big and cost £11, which seems a lot for a body spray, but trust me this performs way more like a perfume than your bog standard Impulse body spray.  The scent sticks around for ages on your skin, and you only need 1-2 sprays to get a good level of smellage.  Victoria's Secrets do a wide range of these body sprays and I'm keen to road test some more (maybe something more musky for winter?)  They all come in these bright, decorative bottles which look great on your dressing table.  And honestly, it smells so potent and scrummy.  I'm literally smelling myself right now.

Revlon Equave Detangling Spray for Blonde Hair



I have no idea how this little beauty has stayed off my radar for so long.  I found it whilst Googling detangling sprays for blonde hair (as I'd got a bit bored of my usual Aussie one). Okay, first things first...it is PURPLE. Yesss. Love a bit of purple to kill my brassy tones.  This is designed to nourish, detangle AND tone your blonde hair and I was pretty goddamn impressed with it.  It is a two layer formula so you have to shake it up, and then you spritz all over your wet hair.  My tangle teezer definitely had an easier job getting through my hair, and once blow dried, there wasn't any oiliness or weighing down.  I can't tell how much punch the purple packs, as I use purple shampoo as well, so it is difficult to tease out the difference.  But as a detangling spray alone, this is a winner.  It is a fairly big bottle, set me back about a tenner, smells pretty and you can see how little I used despite having used it 3-4 times.  I just love the concept of this.  It is like a 4-in-1 little wonder product.  Bravo Revlon.

Bioderma Sensibio Micellar Water



As a blogger, I felt it my duty to include this in my life.  It has literally exploded onto the UK market following its trip over the pond, and I simply had to part with £4.50 to try out this mini version.  Right...so what do I think.  Genuinely?  I don't know. Hmm..helpful, I know.  This looks fresh.  The bottle looks clean, the water looks clear, the little pink lid is cute...you really want to like this.  It looks like it would purify even the most stubborn skin.  And yes, it does remove make-up like a dream.  I only used it for face make-up as I disagree that it 'melted' mascara away.  I pile my mascara on and this just didn't budge it easily.  But my face make-up? Wow.  The first time I swept my little Bioderma-soaked cotton wool ball over my face I was like Jeeeez, do I really have that much foundation on my face!?  It took about 3 cotton balls to clean my face, and when you pour this out you can feel the cotton wool just drinking it up.  This little bottle probably would have lasted me 2 weeks, tops. My skin didn't react to it, it felt gloriously clean after using it, but I just don't think my purse will let me fall in love with it.  I want to...I really want to.  But I think it would clean out my bank account just as quick as it cleans my skin.  It has aroused my interest in micellar water though, and I will be purchasing Superdrug's own version so I'll pop a post up on that once I've given it a good run.  Back to this post though, this little bottle was ideal for travelling, ideal for cutting through a sweaty, sun-creamed face, and left my skin feeling fresh and clean.  So for that purpose, I'd recommend it.

Tresemme Platinum Strength Leave-in Conditioner


I grabbed this because I wanted a new leave-in conditioner and it was on offer for £2.97 at Superdrug.  I knew the sun would wreck my heavily bleached hair, so I was on the hunt for a leave-in conditioner that would pack a punch.  I've dabbled with Tresemme's Platinum Strength range before and been impressed (see post here) and I wasn't disappointed by this.  I'm a pretty easygoing girl when it comes to leave-in conditioner...I want it to nourish my hair and I don't want it to leave my hair greasy or weighed down.  This ticked both boxes.  It has a really fresh, pretty scent and it did what it said on the tin (or bottle).  Do I want to rave about it? Na, not really.  Would I buy it again? Yes probably.  It is a good, safe product.  And when it came to soothing my sun-ravaged hair, it did the job.

Superdrug Nourishing Nail Polish Remover pads


This is a bit of a random post, as I don't think there's really much to review or say about nail polish remover.  But this is a tip of mine for holiday, as it is a really efficient way of taking your nailvarnish off, without the danger of packing a bottle of potent, risky-leaking nail varnish remover.  I always go for nourishing, and these little Superdrug ones contain thumbs-up ingredients like aloe vera and vitamin E.  At just a £1 they're a must for any travelling girly, and take the mess and fuss out of removing your nail varnish on holiday.

So, there we have it, my little wonder products from my jaunt abroad.  All that's left to do now is obviously post a few pics from my holiday.  Self-indulge alert.....look away now!




xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment