Tuesday 3 December 2013

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat

I had to do a quick mini blog post to share a little wonder product I came across recently (by recently I mean literally yesterday...talk about real-time blogging).

I'm terrible when it comes to nail varnish.  I get bored of colours SO quickly, and I bite my nail varnish off (terrible habit) and I often change the colour of my nails depending on my outfit (ahem...high maintenance).  As a result, it feels like I am always painting my nails, or more accurately, waiting for my nails to dry.

I literally hate it.  I have a really short attention span, and having to sit still and not use my hands for a few minutes is way too difficult for me.  I always end up thinking "oo, I'll just check my phone"...or..."I'll just pop my make-up on" and then I aaaalways end up with a bloody great smudge down my nail.  Every time.  Without fail.  Absolutely no patience.

So when my mother dearest suggested I purchase some Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat, I was cynical but intrigued enough to give it a go.

And oh my god, I love it.


I used it for the first time last night and it seriously does what it says on the bottle.  The only "quick-dry" product I have used in the past was a No.7 nail oil which you dripped onto your nails using a little glass dropper, and it miraculously dried them instantly.  It was a really good product but I've never been able to find it again in Boots, plus it was on the pricey side at about £8-9 I think.  It also made my whole finger really oily and was quite messy to use.

I know OPI do a similar thing with their "Quick Dry Drops", as I've had a salon manicure which used it before, and it works on a similar basis.  But again it is about £12, which is a bit ouchie for a product I imagine you go through quite quickly.

You may be reading this thinking "wow, bit late on the bandwagon".  Or this Sally Hansen product might be a) really well-known or b) heavily replicated ...but in case there are any other Insta-Dri virgins out there I thought I'd do a post on it.  (I do realise my 'mini' post has, as usual, got rather long.  Wayy too much excitement.)

So the product itself retails at around £5.99 but I had a 25% off voucher and Boots are always running deals on their nail products.  It comes in a standard nail varnish pot with a glass bottle base and standard plastic lid with in-built nailpolish brush.

The bottle is red, but the product inside is completely clear.

The instructions said to paint my nails as normal, and then when I've applied my final coat (you don't need top coat), wait for 2 minutes then apply the Insta-Dri and your nails will be instantly dry.  And they literally are.  Completely, instantly dry.  And no annoying oily fingers!

And possibly my favourite thing about this product is the finish...it is SO shiny!  And it has stayed shiny ALL day (sometimes I find top coats can dull off over time).  It has made my nail varnish look SO glossy.  (I wore it over Essie Luxedo, a review of which is here).

For just over a fiver, I would strongly recommend this for anyone who (like me) is impatient about painting their nails.  It honestly does dry the nails instantly and it leaves such a glossy finish.  You don't need a top coat, so I can stop wasting money on those, and it means I dont have to sit around for ages blowing on my nails, or blasting them with a hairdryer, or flapping them around.  Next time this is on 3 for 2 I am going to seriously stock up.  Love it, love it, love it. 

Right. Mini post (ahem) done. xx














 

No comments:

Post a Comment