Saturday 7 September 2013

Charles Worthington Moisture Seal Mineral Hair Rescue Masque

I'm a self-confessed floozy when it comes to cosmetics.  I fall for the chat every time, and if a shiny new product comes out promising to make me beautiful, then I'm sold.  I have a wicker storage box at home which is positively bursting with half-used products which I've dabbled with, been unimpressed by, but refuse to throw out because I spent hard-earned cash on them.

If a product gets repurchased, that's a big deal in my world.  But even more rare, is a bulk buy.  Cosmetics are often on 3 for 2 or buy-one-get-one-free type offers, but these tend to be across brands or ranges, and therefore these deals are often a great excuse for me to buy items I couldn't normally justify (I mean, they're practically free, right?)

But recently I took advantage of an offer like this to actually, genuinely bulk buy.  Here's the proof....


The product which made its way into the hallowed halls of my bulk-buy hall of fame, is Charles Worthington's Moisture Seal Mineral Hair Rescue Masque.

I first came across an ancestor of this product years ago whilst at university, and whilst on a mission to get shiny, soft hair ready for graduation (because obviously shiny hair is a must for graduation). Back then the product was called Mineral Hair Spa Rescue Treatment, and looked like this........


I LOVED this stuff.  It was my first tentative little foray into hair treatments and I was highly impressed.  But then it seemed to disappear off the shelves a bit, it came back in a tub, then CW changed their packaging and it didn't seem they'd retained it in their product range.  I've dabbled with other treatments in the past (see reviews on Tresemme Platinum Strength range and Herbal Essences Bee Strong Intensive Mask) but always found them to somewhat coat your hair.

So I was mooching around the haircare aisle in Boots the other day and noticed the CW Mineral Hair Rescue (£5.99).  It had the words 'mineral' and 'rescue' in the title, and the blurb on the back talked about 'marine extracts' just like the old Hair Spa one. Exciting! So I bought it, tried it, and bloody loved it.

It seems to be a refinement of the old Hair Spa product rather than a replica, and I'll be honest, it is SUCH a good hair treatment. 

The product comes in a flip-lid tub which is sealed on purchase.  This always makes me think it is more effective, as if the goodness might sneak out if it isn't sealed in.

 

The actual hair mask is a white, thick, gloopy cream with a really gentle but sweet smell.  It is the exact same scent used in the CW Intense Rescue Melting Balm and I've read a lot of blogs raving about the fragrance.  The smell stays on your hair as well, which is always a bonus.


To use it, you just scoop a load out of the tub and smooth it over your wet hair.  I concentrate on the ends of my hair (about 2/3rds down) and then use what is left on my hands just to lightly wipe over the upper 2/3rds of my hair (so as not to make it greasy).  I never leave it on for more than 2-3 minutes  (even though the tub says 5) as I get bored in the shower, and with 3 other women in my house, you don't get much shower down-time.

One of the weird things about this product is it leaves your hands with a clean, squeaky feeling after you've smoothed the cream on.  It doesn't feel oily or greasy, it actually feels quite fresh which is really unusual for moisturising treatments.

But this is kind of reminiscent of what the results are like as well.  Hands down, this leaves my hair SOFT.  As you probably know, my hair is platinum blonde and bleached to within an inch of its life.  It is also thick and long.  This is the only treatment I have used which genuinely leaves my hair feeling healthier and softer to the touch, with no greasy residue or coating.  My hair feels freshly washed and 'swishy' but still soft, and this is REALLY difficult to achieve with most high-street moisturising treatments.

I mentioned earlier about the CW Intense Rescue Melting Balm and I'm probably going to  be stepping out on my own with this comment, but I think the Mineral Hair Rescue Masque is better than the Melting Balm. And it is also £11 cheaper. Ouch.  It just made my hair softer and was less hassle to use.  Having discovered the Mineral Hair Rescue Masque, I definitely wouldn't repurchase the Melting Balm.

There's 100% something about this product which makes your hair just feel better, more healthy, more nourished but it is more of an honest softness because you don't feel like it has just coated your hair.  I got about 5 uses out of the tub, which isn't brilliant, but I do have thick long hair and it still works out about a £1 a use, so that's not too painful, especially if you use it as a treat rather than an everyday conditioner. I also think that if you have fine hair or hair that gets easily greasy, then give this a try as I think you'd find it doesn't weigh your hair down as much as other conditioning treatments.  Plus if you bulk buy (i.e. 3 for 2) it only works out about £4 each! Bargain!

Right that's me done.  Go buy it.

2 comments:

  1. You made me laugh! I feel a whole lot better now I know there's another soul in the world with a huge box of redundant bum beauty products ...can't take to the charity shop and can't chuck out. Nice engaging writing and review on Charles Worthington Moisture Seal Mineral Hair Rescue Mask.....I've just bought a tub myself and hope it works for me as well as it did for you! My hair is thick, coarse, frizzy, dry and on a good day looks like someone has torched it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get on OK with it, and it doesn't end up in the bum product box! Thanks for your comment :) I'm glad you enjoyed the review - good luck with the hair mask, hope you get good results too!!

      Delete